Gettin' down to some research!

Alright obviously before you attempt to create or recreate anything, You've gotta have some sort of research done and a collection of reference images in the bank, unless you wanna create something from scratch with no influence. Anyway, I got down to the library and flicked through some architectural books documenting the history of architectural design and buildings all over the world. Gathered some ideas and started sketching which will be uploaded later.


I first looked at the context and meaning behind the Globe Theatre and Shakespeare in general because I would like to incorporate that into my reconstruction.



  • Theatre,
  • Plays, 
  • Cinema, 
  • Entertainment, 
  • Shows,
  • Music, 
  • Film,
  • TV,
  • Performing Arts, 
  • Spectacle

All of these ideas come into my mind when I think of the Globe Theatre.


I had ideas of a Glass/Ice type structure for the simple reason because the Elizabethan and Shakespearian times were so long ago yet we still have something of that credibility built amongst us to this day. With the ice concept, its almost as if it could represent the act of freezing time and preserving it. Freezing what was once and preserving the work and  familiarity of Shakespeare. This is what the globe theatre practically does because his playwrights are still famous and active today.


Fig.1


After i sketched the picture on the top right, it reminded me of the Sydney Opera House. (Shown below)


Fig.2
I used this monument as reference for the sketch on the bottom left in Fig.1


No comments:

Post a Comment